Kenya Passport are issued to Kenyan citizens in accordance with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and as provided for in the Kenya Citizens and Immigration Act that commenced on 30th august 2011. In addition issuance process is regulated by Legal Notice No. 64 (the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations, 2012). If legible you can apply for a New Passport, Renewal Passport and Replacement Passport.
New Passport means a First time Passport applicant. Renewal means subsequent applications for the passport after the First Passport has expired or is due to expire in three (3) months, filled up booklet. Replacement Passport means the passport has been damaged due to accident or negligence; for example by liquid spoiling on it, endorsing or signing on by unauthorized person. Lost passport means the passport is not available, read item no. 7 below.
Application Form (PP1 – Revised 2006) for a passport must be filled in and submitted personally by the Applicant to the Passport Control Office at least 20 days before the scheduled date of travel. This form can be collected from any Passport Control Office or downloaded from PP1.
- A valid Kenya National Identity Card of the Applicant – (Original and Photocopy).
- Birth Certificate of the applicant – (Original and Photocopy).
- In case of a child or person with disability. A written consent from the parent(s) or legal guardian. The Consent is an official letter addressed to the Officer in-Charge of Passport Control Office.
- Photocopy of a Valid Kenya National Identity Card of the Father or Mother or Both. If one (or both) is (are) deceased the copy (ies) of the Death Certificate (s) must be attached. Then, the applicant has to provide one (Two) photocopy(ies) of a Valid Kenya National Identity Card of other relative (s) to act as Next of Kin.
- Photocopy of the Recommender’s Valid Kenya National Identity Card – Who signed on Page 3, Section 7. of the Applicant’s Form.
- Previous passport (s) if any – (Original and Photocopy).
- Special Cases: Lost Passport, Mutilated Passport, Damaged Passport. Application for replacement of any must be accompanied by a statutory declaration or sworn affidavit on the circumstances surrounding the loss, theft or damage of the passport or travel document. And Comply with items 1-6 above.
- Photograghs: Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant taken not earlier than 6 months from the time of application, which must be taken full face without headgear.
- Photographing at Passport Control Office: Applicants are required to have their biometrics taken at the time of application.
|Type of Passport||No. of Pages||Amount Kshs|
Passport Control Offices in Kenya
It is advisable to visit the nearest Passport Control Office to your District of Birth as per your valid Kenya National Identity Card.