Hope you read article in your superb spirits, when doing work that matters and creating a life you are proud of. And if not, I urge you to have the guts to make changes. Now, today is a great day to begin a better life! Here’s an idea I really needed to share with you because it’s such a rich one: there is massive e-resource that I have collected for many years for great people like you. Please read this story about one College student named Rose and aged 87 years. Also scan the list of over 50 bestseller self-help books at the tail-end.
This true-life story (names changed to give anonymity to the real people) Without any iota of doubt, you will be thrilled and also inspired to stay focused in the next 4 Months before end of 2015 and your subsequent years full of ecstasies.
The first day in Postgraduate School a Professor introduced himself and challenged students to get to know someone they didn’t already know. An under 40 (forty years of age) Male High -flying Corporate Executive stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched his shoulder.
He turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at him with a smile that lit up her entire being. She said, “Hi handsome. My name is Rose. I’m 87 years old. Can I give you a hug?” He laughed and enthusiastically responded, “of course you may!” and she gave him a giant squeeze. Quite unusual, most women will hardly begin a self introduction with their age as an opening sentence. If probed the common answer might be something like this,
I am sweet (sixteen) 16! Or I just turned nineteen (19) this year! Or age is just a number, what is your interest?
“Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?” he asked. She jokingly replied, “I’m here to meet a rich husband, get married, and have a couple of kids…”
“No seriously, please don’t be funny,” He asked. He was curious what may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age. “Always dreamed of having a college education and now I’m getting one!” she told him.
After the class they walked to the cafeteria and shared a chocolate milkshake. They became instant friends. Every day for the next months they would leave class together and talk nonstop. He was always mesmerized listening to this “time machine” as she shared her wisdom and experience with him.
During the Course, Rose became a Campus icon and she easily made friends wherever she went. First, she had the ability to put her personality across the footlights. She loved to dress up. She was a genius showman. She attracted attention bestowed upon her from the other students and faculty members. She was living it up.
At the end of the Course they invited Rose to speak on behalf of other fellow graduands. They never forget what she taught them. She was given a rousing ovation as she stepped up to the podium. As she began to deliver her prepared speech, she accidentally dropped her three by five cue-cards on the floor. Frustrated and a little embarrassed she leaned into the microphone and simply said, “I’m sorry. I’m so jittery. I gave up beer for Lent and this whisky is killing me! I’ll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know.”
As audience burst out laughing she cleared her throat and began. We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing.There are only Four (4) secrets to staying young, being happy and achieving success on your journey of life.
- You’ve to laugh and find humor every day.
- You’ve got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die. We have so many people walking around who are corpses and don’t even know it!
- You are growing order and may be growing up. There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up. If you are 19 years old and lie in bed for one full year and don’t do one productive thing, you will turn 20 years old. If at my age of 87 years old and I stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn 88. Anybody can grow older. That doesn’t take any talent or ability. The idea is to grow up by always finding an opportunity in change process.
- Have no regrets. The elderly usually don’t have regrets for what they did, but rather for things they did not do. The only people who fear death are those with regrets. Please make hay while the sun shines.
Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago. One week after Graduation Ceremony Rose passed on peacefully in her sleep.
Over Two Thousand (2,000) college students, alumni and faculty members attended Rose’s Requiem Mass and paid tribute to her life well lived. Rose the wonderful woman who taught by example that it’s never too late to be all you can possibly be.
When you finish reading this, please send this piece of advice to your friends and family, they’ll highly appreciate it! These words have been passed along in loving memory of Rose and many others like her who have been on the planet Earth and gone too soon. Such as Abraham Lincoln, Charles Dickens, Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa, Myles Munroe to name a few.
Remember, Growing Older is Mandatory. Growing Up is Optional – a matter of your ultimate choice. We make a Living by what we get; we make a Life by what we give.
LIST OF BESTSELLER TITLES
In this year of 2015, do you want to read and listen to more inspirational books? Please check the list of over 50 bestseller titles arranged in alphabetical order below. You might find one of that books you have been wishing to read and your investment of Kshs 200 (Two Hundred Bob) will get you a copy in pdf and /or audio format.
- Achim Nowak – Power Speaking – The Art of the Exceptional Public Speaker
- Aled Davies – Communications 3 Seconds make them count
- Anthony Robbins – Awaken the Giant Within
- Anthony Robbins – Unlimited Power
- Barack Obama – Audacity of Hope – Thoughts On Reclaiming The American Dream
- Benjamin Graham – The Intelligent Investor 2003 Revised Ed. feat. commentary by Jason Zweig
- Brian Tracy – Crunch Point – The 21 Secrets to Succeeding When It Matters Most (Audio available)
- Brian Tracy – How to present with Power in any situation
- Brian Tracy – Master Your Time (Audio available)
- Brian Tracy – The Science of Self Confidence (Audio available)
- Brian Tracy – The Ultimate Goals Program – How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You
- Charlie Cook – 8 rules you must know to prosper in the new economy – the new profit rules
- Dale Carnegie – How to Stop Worrying and Start Living (Audio available)
- Dale Carnegie – How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Dale Carnegie – How to win friends and influence people (Audio available)
- Dale Carnegie – The Art of Public Speaking (Audio available)
- David Schwartz -The Magic of Thinking Big (Audio available)
- Deepak Chopra – Seven Spiritual Laws (Audio available)
- Eckhart Tolle – Know that I Am (Audio available)
- Eckhart Tolle -Dissolving the Pain-body (Audio available)
- Effective Communication Skills (Audio available)
- George S Clason – The Richest Man in Babylon
- Guy Kawasaki – Computer Curmudgeon
- Guy Kawasaki – Database 101
- Guy Kawasaki – Guy Kawasaki – What the Plus – Google plus for the rest of us
- Guy Kawasaki – The Macintosh Way
- Jack Welch – Abridged from Get Better or be beaten – The 29 Leadership Secrets
- James Allen – As a man thinketh (Audio available)
- Jay Conrad Levinson – Guerrilla Marketing Excellence – the 50 Golden Rules for Small-business success Jay Conrad Levinson – Guerrilla Marketing Weapons – 100 affordable Marketing Methods for Maximizing Profits from Small Business (Audio available)
- Jay Conrad Levinson – Guerrilla Marketing Weapons (Audio available)
- Jay Conrad Levinson – What is a Guerrilla Entrepreneur?
- Jay Conrad Levinson and Michael W. McLaughlin – A Guide to Guerrilla Marketing for Consultants – Tactics for Winning Profitable Clients
- Jim Collins – Good to Great – why some companies make the leap ….and others don’t
- Joe Vitale and forward by Bob Proctor – Spiritual Marketing
- Joe Vitale and Stuart Lichtman – How to Get Lots of Money for Anything Fast
- Joel Osteen – Become a Better You (Audio available)
- Joseph Murphy – The Power of your Subconscious Mind
- Malcolm Gladwell – Blink – the Power of Thinking without Thinking
- Malcolm Gladwell – Blink – the Power of Thinking without Thinking (Audio available)
- Malcolm Gladwell – Outliers – the Story of Success
- Malcolm Gladwell – Outliers – The Story of Success (Audio available)
- Manual of Epictetus – The Book of Wisdom Revised by Christian H. Godefroy
- Mary Buffett and David Clark – Warren Buffett’s Management secrets – proven tools for personal and business success (Audio available)
- Napoleon Hill – How to Overcome Failure and Achieve Success
- Napoleon Hill – The Law of Success in Sixteen Lessons
- Napoleon Hill – Think and Grow Rich
- Rhonda Byrne – The Secret
- Richard Branson – Screw it, Let’s Do It
- Robert Allen – The Road to Wealth (Multiple Streams of Income)
- Robert Greene – The 48 Laws of Power
- Robert Kiyosaki – Rich dad’s guide to investing
- Robert Kiyosaki and Donald Trump – Why we want you to be Rich (Audio available)
- Robin S Sharma – Top 200 Secrets of Success and Pillars of Self-Mastery for Peak Performers
- Robin Sharma – The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- Rusell Conwell – Acres of Diamonds
- Spencer Johnson – Who Moved My Cheese?
- Spencer Johnson – Who Moved My Cheese? (Audio available)
- Spencer Johnson & Kenneth Blanchard – The One Minute Manager
- Stephen Covey – The 7 habits of highly effective people
- Steve Olsher – Internet-Prophets –The World Leading Experts Reveal how to make profits online
- Steve Olsher – What is your what – discover the one amazing thing you were born to do
- Sun Tzu – Art of War (Audio available)
- Suze Orman – Keeping your money safe and sound
Please remember to inform your colleagues, friends and family to get a copy as well.
Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote “If you encounter a man of great intellect, we should ask him what books he reads”. Another sage named Mark Twain wrote “a man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can’t read them”.