If you are student or Lecturer or Consultant in business management courses at diploma and degree you will find these materials very useful in career.You can have a copy of the specially prepared notes and sample revision questions. Please contact me.
This is a core unit for the undergraduate students in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of the Bachelor of Purchasing and Supplies Management (BPSM) of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology. This Course provides an overview of the Inventory Management.
The course will be conducted using these approaches:
- Lectures to elaborate and reinforce the recommended reading materials.
- Group/class discussions.
Note: Participation in group assignments will contribute significantly to your final course grade. You are expected to complete preparatory reading prior to each class.
On successful completion of this unit the students are expected to be able to:
- Define Inventory Concepts.
- Explain Ordering and Costs involved.
- Determine and forecast demand for Inventory.
- Perform Inventory planning and coding using MRP, MRPII, DRP and JIT.
- Discuss Stores / Warehousing locations and Layout.
- Explain Standardization, Rationalization and Variety Reduction.
- Understand how Stock Checking in done for records and accounts purposes.
- Explain equipment handling and management in Inventory Management.
- Appreciate Computer application in Inventory Management.
Detailed log e-mailed to the students’ inbox.
Main course Text
Jessop David & Morrison Alex (1994), Storage and supply of Materials 6th Edition, Pearson Education Ltd. England.
Other recommended textbooks, Policies and electronic sources
Saleemi N.A. (2007), Store keeping and Stock Control Simplified, Saleemi Publications Ltd., Nairobi.
Lysons Kenneth and Farrington Brian,( 2006), Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Pearson Education Ltd. England.
Rushton Alan, Croucher Phil & Baker Peter, (2009), The Handbook of Logistics and Distribution Management, 3rd Edition, Kogan Page Limited,
Saunders Malcolm, (1997), Strategic and Purchasing & Supply Chain Management 2nd Edition, Pearson Education Ltd. England.
Republic of Kenya, Public Procurement and Disposal Act of 2005
Republic of Kenya, Public Procurement and Disposal Regulations
Republic of Kenya, Public Procurement and Disposal Manual
http://www.revenue.go.ke/customs – Kenya Revenue Authority
www.kism.or.ke – the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
www.cips.org – the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies of United Kingdom (UK)
http://www.finance.go.ke/ – The Ministry of Finance
http://www.planning.go.ke – The Ministry of Planning and Vision 2030
http://www.ppoa.go.ke – The Public Procurement Oversight Authority
en.wikipedia.org – Wikipedia – The free encyclopedia
Any other relevant reading Materials